
On Sunday afternoon, Benny and I took Pearl to Cape Town to see Two Oceans Aquarium. It is so named because the southern tip of South Africa is the meeting point for the Indian and Atlantic oceans. The exhibit was spectacular. Plus, there were African penguins, and also rockhopper penguins which I had never seen. Seeing them in the exhibit with skyscrapers through the window in the background was kind of strange, though.
We had a blast at the aquarium, and then Benny and Pearl headed back to Plumstead and I took advantage of the very clear sky and went to Table Mountain. Today was really the first day since I've been here that the "tablecloth" hasn't been lingering on the mountain - heavy clouds that obscure visibility from the top and stop the cable cars from running. Sunday was perfect, though, so I set out for the top.










No comments:
Post a Comment